Monday, July 29, 2013

It's All About the Name...

When trying to figure out what I should call my blog, I quickly thought of a saying I saw on Pinterest (that addiction is for another day and another post.)  "Just sitting here on the corner of awesome and bombdiggity."  I immediately felt like it expressed me well. My home is on a corner lot and my desk at work had a corner counter top where everyone stopped and tended to congregate (we are moving and the corner is now dismantled.  It was a very sad day for me.)  And I am perpetually positive.  I am a glass is half full kind of gal.  And who doesn't love the word "bombdiggity"??

 
 
The color of house is "Ocean Fog".  It's feels like a sin to admit that it is a Colorplace color from Walmart. Who buys paint from Walmart?  I do sometimes.  I like it.  John built the little deck and we have enjoyed many cups of morning coffee in this spot...until he built the deck in the back.  The grass is patchy, but I don't look forward to the days that there is no longer chalk art on my sidewalk and bikes being ridden over the grass and killing it. 
 
 


 
When we built the playhouse the plan was always to build a deck in that corner.  We built this deck this summer and we have already spent endless hours eating meals, reading, visiting, and enjoying our yard.  Landscaping will be on next summer's to-do list. 
 
Speaking of the playhouse, what little girl wouldn't LOVE this.  I do have to say this was my FAVORITE project ever. 
 



 
Isn't my husband an awesome carpenter?  His dad, Steven, is always willing to give a helping hand so John doesn't get all of the credit ;) And, of course, I enjoyed the painting and decorating.



No comments:

Post a Comment