Thursday, December 11, 2014

Someday is Today

Do you ever look around and wonder how you got to where you are? And feel happy about it? I don't mind aging. I love my career and the feeling of security our life gives us. Yes, it's hard to face that I now have wrinkles, and my children are no longer babies, but the most difficult thing to face is that  time is moving so fast that the years go by it what feels like months.  I want to do the things I enjoy and live every moment.  It also makes me realize that I have to move forward with doing what I love.  And because my children are no longer babies I can do that.  I know that there will be times I will have to make a choice between my family and my business and I know that they will be ok with that.  They understand my passion and see the excitement in my eyes when I start talking about rooms and colors and houses.  My heart says to let go of my insecurities.  It's time to dip my toe in and see if I can share my love with others. 

I have completed so many projects recently.  Even though I haven't been blogging, it doesn't mean I haven't been redecorating!

And I am ready to offer my redecorating, reorganizing, and refurbishing services.




I couldn't have a blog post without a project to showcase.  One of my favorite no cost (because I already had the spray paint on hand) projects was the lampshade for my mercury glass-esque lamps.  The large drum shades were on two lamps I had in the basement.  They were starting to yellow on the inside.  I really liked the shape and shades that large are very expensive.  I decided it was worth a shot to spray paint them black -- inside and out. And I LOVE them.  They are a statement in my dining room and I love the glow they cast when they are turned on. 



 
 
 
And there are so many more projects to come....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment