Monday, July 6, 2015

Emma's Girly Bedroom

Emma is 9.  A year ago we decided to switch her room with her brother's room because she needed more space for all of her treasures.  And she has lots of treasures!  I enjoyed every minute of doing this room, even though it took about 10 days to peel every little chunk of the 60 year old wallpaper off of the walls.  Emma was old enough to have an opinion about the décor of her room, so she chose the wallpaper and colors.  The amazing thing about this room was the hardwood floors -- they were beautifully preserved under the carpeting.  And the bead board is wallpaper -- you read that right, wallpaper!   And the little aqua chair is an old chair painted with Annie Sloan chalk paint!  :)  My husband built the built-in bookshelf and all of the furniture is hand-me-downs or thrifted.  I used the big cabinet in my room when I was a teenager and my mom was no longer using it, so I asked if Emma could use it in her room for all of her "stuff." 



 
The chimney was in a terrible state when we tore the wallpaper off.  That is faux brick paneling cut to fit and painted white. 

 
The chalkboard is an ugly old picture from a thrift store that had a great frame. We painted the picture with chalkboard paint and painted the frame a pretty aqua. 


 
One Saturday this winter Emma and I found an ugly canvas print at the thrift store.  We took it home and painted over the ugly picture and made her a saying for her wall.  I have no doubt that girl was born with glitter in her veins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment